1. Hello Guest and welcome to the Calblaze community.

Here you will find a lot of useful information as it relates to the California Marijuana: The Mecca Capital of the world for Cannabis

Thanks for joining us at the Calblaze community and enjoy!

California Cannabis advertising can be costly

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Cannabispreneur, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Cannabispreneur

Cannabispreneur New Member

Due to such a massively growing market trying to stand out as a unique dispensary or recreational grow business can be quite challenging. Not only do you have to appeal to the masses and have something unique to offer, but you have to market it in that way, too. Essentially you'll have to think of yourself as Apple but for Marijuana. Without that unique flare you just won't stand out.

Before you even get that far though, you'll have to advertise through a variety of platforms most likely starting from something like a Youtube channel and building your way up to places that help market dispensaries and recreational Cannabis businesses, to taking out ad's in radio and TV. If you have the money or are able to grab a grant you're in good standing, just make sure to put in the effort and show them out there that you mean business.

What are your thoughts on other things that might be costly when it comes to advertising?

2. Sarahk26

Sarahk26 New Member

Radio, billboards, and TV would definitely be costly. Whatever is requiring the dispensary to keep paying for exposure (repeated commercial airtime, etc) will definitely be costly.

Facebook targeting ads/sponsored ads may be a more cost-effective way to reach potential customers.

3. costin

costin Member

Similarly, I think online advertising (social networks, forums) is more affordable and hits more efficiently the target
    Let`s admit, the most intested people in the subject are 18-40 years old, browsing daily on their smartphones or tablets

4. watcher99

watcher99 New Member

There are some products that I think advertise itself. A good, quality cannabis can be recognized on the market, at least locally. We are still far of from developing a global cannabis conglomerate.

costin likes this.
  5. costin

costin Member

I couldn`t agree more, it`s easier and more efficient to advertise on a local level. Sincerely, I don`t see a brand of cannabis advertised in a similar way as Pepsi, not because it wouldn`t be profitable, asked by increasing targets, but there are states with more conservative perspectives, where even fast food can`t enter the market

6. Cannabispreneur

Cannabispreneur New Member

With the recent legalization in California I feel that alone will get exposure out there, and with it will make it a much more viable business. Local targeted marketing may be a good starter approach though for those working on a much smaller scale.

7. ChesterCopperCrop

ChesterCopperCrop New Member

8. Randomer2000

Randomer2000 Member

I agree with online advertisements. There's no real retention figures for methods such as Radio, TV and Billboards. Most people use netflix, very few listen to the radio, and well I'm not sure if billboards are the best way to go for a marijuana dispensary, although a once in a while advertisement wouldn't hurt anyone